SEC Headlines 10/23/2012
1. What does the Florida game mean for Georgia? “This game will dictate whether this is considered a successful season for Georgia.”
2. Mark Bradley on Georgia-Florida: “This is a game these Bulldogs and their coach need in the worst way.”
3. Jarvis Jones returned to practice for the Bulldogs on Monday. Mark Richt: “I feel like we’ll have a good chance to get him in the game.”
4. Florida coach Will Muschamp has never been on the winning side of this rivalry - lost four times as a player at Georgia and last year as coach at Florida.
5. Team motto for the Gators: “Florida Never Breaks.”
6. The bad news for South Carolina – anemic rushing attack last two weeks. Good news - Tennessee allows more than 186 yards per game.
7. There’s something about South Carolina and Tennessee coaches. Johnny Majors – fired in 1992 after South Carolina loss, Phillip Fulmer let go in 2008 – also lost to the Gamecocks his last year.
9. Dooley on his team: ”I think their spirit is broken and it should be.”
10. There’s a reason why Vanderbilt is a 32.5 point favorite against UMass. The Minutemen are 0-7 and have been outscored 285-83.
11. Frustrating season for Mizzou freshman receiver Dorial Green-Beckham - just seven catches and one TD on the year.
12. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on quarterback James Franklin, doubtful for this weekend against Kentucky. ”He has to be functional,” Pinkel said. “He has not even run to this date.”
13. Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles, recovering from a high ankle sprain, could return this weekend.
14. The question that could determine Joker Phillips fate: Can the Wildcats have a winning record in 2013?
15. Too early to talk about Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron for the Heisman?
16. Why don’t Alabama freshmen speak with reporters? Blame Plaxico Burress.
17. Crimson Tide linebacker C.J. Mosley on Mississippi State: “They have big people just like we have big people.”
18. How does Dan Mullen feel about Mississippi State being a 24-point underdog to Alabama: “I’d feel great if we walked in the stadium and (the scoreboard) said 24-0 before the game started.”
Tags: coach, college, florida, game, homepage, played, weekend, winning, year