SEC Headlines 10/9/2012
1. The Georgia defense ranks in the bottom half of the Southeastern Conference in every major statistical category.
2. The bar is high at Georgia. Would a loss to Florida make them 10-2 underachievers?
3. Stat Tennessee fans can enjoy: “The Vols have won their last five games after an off week when facing an opponent ranked outside the top 10.”
4. Derek Dooley is talking about “NFL guys” in the Mississippi State secondary but he’s engaged in that type of talk before.
5. Florida running back Mike Gillislee’s 34 carries against LSU the most for a Florida player since 1993.
6. Florida needs a punt returner. Will Muschamp: “We need drastic improvement.”
7. Muschamp on Vanderbilt: “A guy I have a lot of respect for is James Franklin.”
8. South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward on Steve Spurrier’s rule: “The rule is win or lose we get to celebrate, or moan, for 24 hours after the game. “
10. Quarterback James Franklin and two offensive lineman will all miss the Alabama game with strained MCLs.
11. Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles would be eligible for a medical hardship should he not be able to return this year. He’s out with a high ankle sprain.
13, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on the fourth down gamble against Texas A&M that backfired: “I want to be clear: I would go for that again every single time…”
14. A shoulder injury will sideline Ole Miss wide receiver Collins Moore the rest of the year.
15. With South Carolina coming to town Saturday, LSU will play the week after a loss for the first time since 2009.
16. Paul Finebaum on Arkansas’s next coach: “Jeff Long is about to make not only the most important decision in his career, but the most important decision in the history of the University of Arkansas.”
Tags: arkansas, florida, georgia, homepage, lsu, ole, sec